“Our Online Adventure Store features some quality gifts for fathers – especially those who seem to have everything and are difficult to buy for,” says Al Hickey, HSC Western Regional Director.
“For $30 you can give your father a special gift that involves adopting an acre of rainforest or becoming a ‘wildlife guardian’ for animals who need protecting,” suggests Hickey. “Both of these items come with a certificate of appreciation, a photograph of the animal or rainforest along with other things,” states Hickey.
According to Michael O’Sullivan, HSC Executive Director, the Online Adventure Store contains numerous other gift items and was created to offer quality products while providing additional funds for HSC animal and environmental campaigns.
“There are so many animal and environmental issues and effectively addressing them is very expensive,” says O’Sullivan. “Having an additional source of revenue to donations allows us to do more for animals and the natural world. People who use our Online Adventure Store will not only receive unique, quality products; they will be directly helping pets, wildlife and the environment.”
Some Items of Interest for Dad from the Online Adventure Store
- Animal T-Shirts: Proceeds from these attractive t-shirts go towards helping the endangered animals featured on the shirts. $14.99
- Wildlife Guardians Program: Contains: (i) Note card with handwritten message when the gift is sent (ii) Certificate of appreciation suitable for framing (iii) Photograph of the animal selected (iv) Stuffed toy (v) Fact sheet on the threats facing the animal and how your money will help to protect the species $30.00
- Animal Guardians Program: Contains: (i) Note card with handwritten message when the gift is sent (ii) Certificate of appreciation suitable for framing (iii) Photograph of the animal selected (iv) Stuffed toy (v) Fact sheet on the threats facing the animal and how your money will help to protect the species $30.00
- Adopt-An-Acre of Rainforest: Contains: (i) Certificate of appreciation suitable for framing (ii) Photograph of the rainforest (iii) Fact sheet on the threats facing this ecosystem and how your concern will help to protect the rainforest $30.00
- Re-usable Hemp Coffee Filter: This washable, re-usable, hemp coffee filter will make a great gift for the eco-Dad! This inexpensive coffee filter will save you money and help the environment as disposable, bleached, paper coffee filters won’t be necessary! $5.00
CONTACT: Michael O'Sullivan toll free at 1-800-641-KIND or on his cell phone (416) 876-9685 or at www.humanesociety.com, via twitter at www.twitter.com/HSCanada and on Facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Humane-Society-of-Canada/211468055538280
[For more than 17 years, Al Hickey was the Chief Executive of the BC SPCA and before that headed up the Alberta and BC Chambers of Commerce, and was the Executive Director of the Boys and Girls Club of Greater Vancouver. He has been The HSC Western Regional Director for over 12 years. He has 4 children and 6 grandchildren. For his lifetime of achievement dedicated to helping people, animals and the environment, we have bestowed upon him our prestigious Heroes for Animals Award, shared by only a handful of people and organizations.
A father with two children, and a houseful of dogs and cats, Michael O'Sullivan has worked across Canada and in over 110 countries during the last 40 years helping people, animals and nature.]
The Humane Society of Canada (HSC) works to protect dogs, cats, horses, birds, rabbits and small animals, livestock, lab animals, wildlife and the environment. We carry out hands on programs to help animals and nature, mount rescue operations, expose cruelty through hard hitting undercover investigations, work to pass laws to protect animals, use a multidisciplinary approach, support animal shelters and wildlife rehabilitation centres, and spread the word about how to help animals and nature through humane education.
The only organization of its kind, seven days a week, The Humane Society of Canada (HSC) works across the street, across Canada and around the world helping people, animals and the environment.
The Humane Society of Canada (HSC) depends entirely on donations to support our programs to help animals and the environment. All donations are gratefully acknowledged with a receipt for income tax purposes. If you would like to support our educational campaigns that protect animals and the environment please make a donation here. Because when it comes to fighting cruelty and violence, we don’t give up. Ever.